Thursday, February 4, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

I'm nervous. I'm excited. A couple years of wanting to meet one of my photography idols coupled with being away from my son for the longest amount of time since his birth....all these emotions are running through me like wild fire.

Tomorrow morning, I am getting on a plane and flying to Florida. A couple thousand miles away from my family. I've never traveled alone before, and yet, I don't feel I am traveling to meet strangers. I've never met Scarlett Lillian I feel like I already do. Over the last couple of weeks I have gotten to know the other attendees of her workshop as well. I am so excited to be traveling to a place where I can be surrounded by so much talent, inspiration and just plain ol' good women. I can not wait to see how the Lord is going to bless our time together.

I'm thankful that God brings these types of situations into my life, to remind me that even though there are those people in the world who are determined to bring me down and stop me from achieving my dreams, that He is going to stear my journey as long as I let Him lead.

I'm so thankful for the beautiful young women I come in contact with through the business...whether it be other photographer friends or brides (grooms too). I am so blessed to have the clients that I do.

The other night I was sitting and talking with a future bride and her mom about some stuff situations they are going through right now. It broke my heart to hear of the trials they have been faced with. And yet even through all the valleys they have walked, their faith remains in tact. During our conversation the bride mentioned that photography was her #1 thing that was important to her on her wedding day. (besides the getting married part of course). It put such a smile on my face because she is an aspiring photographer, a Christian and one of the sweetest young women I have ever met. To know that despite the stuff they have been going through they are able to focus on the upcoming happiness is truly inspiring. But, it also made me so happy to know that she has trusted me with the most important aspect of her day.

That's something I forget sometimes, that these couples I have come to know trst me to capture their day, their story, their love. I guess because I love what I do so much I don't think about it being a huge thing for people to entrust that aspect of their wedding to another person. But, I am so glad my clients have trusted me.

I don't have a wedding for a couple weeks yet, but it makes me so darn excited to think of the amazing weddings coming this year. I was definitely sad as 2009 came to a close. I connected so much with the couples who got married this year. Each of them are truly special to me, how in the world could 2010 top that? Would I like the clients that came to me? Would they like me, beyond just being a photographer? And God has blessed me every more this year! I ADORE the clients that have come to me for upcoming weddings. They aren't "better" than last year's client, just even more people that I can think the world of!

So....as I head to Florida tomorrow for this amazing opportunity to learn from the amazing Scarlett, I just want to say a big thank you to all of you who have trusted me to capture the moments in your life. I know this trip is going to ensure I do that even better than before!

J

2 comments:

tara @ the every things said...

thank you for being a person that i can & other people trust on their day; you are truly a ray of sunshine; & the rainbow during my storm! enjoy florida!

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

Awww I just read this. Love you girl!

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.