Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Announcement #3...but really should've been #1!

Okay, finally....I can tell you! I am so so so so excited to tell you guys the biggest news yet for 2010. Are you ready for it?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
wait for it....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
drum rollllllll please.........................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Are you annoyed yet? ok ok....I promise, I'll tell :)
Here we go:






The past couple of weeks I have been in talks with Gill about coming on board as my full time second shooter, and she said yes! I am bursting with excitement for what this will mean for all of you lovely clients but I'm also so exicted to work with someone as talented as Gill. She is amazing. A little background on her and how we met. She's got a background in photography from college and has loved it since she was a teenager. She has a little girl who will be 3 next month and a super hot husband! How do I know he's super hot? I got to shoot their wedding in September 2008. That's how we met! Gill made an AMAZINGLY beautiful bride. Evidence to follow.

Told you she was beautiful as a bride huh?


Anyway, after their wedding was over and products delivered, Gill ran through my mind on and off as I was beginning the search for a second shooter.
I'm uber picky, and generally like to work by myself. But, she and I had a really great connection during our meetings and on her wedding day. So...we met, we talked, we agreed and finally I can spill the beans :) So...here's a few words from Gill:


1. Introduce yourself...
Hi, I'm Gill, I am a young mother and wife trying to make sense of this crazy world! I have been in love with photography since I was 15 years old, it was the first thing that I felt was "made" for me and that I could excel at. Ten years later and I am finally pursuing my dream of being "a photographer". I am shy and may seem quiet until you get to know me, and then you'll know I'm anything but! Give me a camera, an Ipod and some candy and I could entertain myself for days!


2. What inspires you?
My daughter inspires me the most. Just watching her be silly and free of any inhibitions reminds me what life is really about. She makes me strive harder to meet my goals in life and be the best person I can be.

3. What's your power color?
WELL...after Googling this, I have found my power color is Green. Which is great, since that’s my favorite color!

4. If you were stranded on an island what three things would you want to have with you?
my family, my laptop, equipped with solar power panels, and my camera (I'll need to document this stranded-ness of course)

5. If you could choose one song to be your life's theme song what would it be?
"Blackbird" by The Beatles. It's a simple but powerful song.

6. Describe your style of photography.
My style of photography is definitely on the photojournalistic side. I want to capture the little moments that you wouldn't have noticed otherwise. I want my photograph's to help tell your story.

7. If you could choose only one genre of photography to photo for the rest of your career what would it be?
I would go with weddings, because it's a mix of all my favorite genre’s put together. With a wedding you get something different every time, so it's never the same day “at work" twice. Plus there's not much more rewarding then being a part of capturing someone’s special day!

8. Favorite beverage?
All depends on what type we’re talking about J
Regular: Ice Tea (I'm trying to give up so much pop)
Adult: Margarita on the rocks with salt
Coffee: White Chocolate Mocha

9. Chocolate or vanilla?
I would take both, but I’ll go with vanilla.

10. Which is more important, fashion or comfort?
I prefer fashionably comfortable. You will rarely find me in mega high heels...but if the situation calls for it I'll sport them for a short time, (with a lot of emphasis on short). I am a laid back comfy, but cute, dresser. Flats here I come!

11. If you could photograph anyone, dead or alive...who would it be?
I would choose my Maternal Grandmother, who passed away when my Mother was young. I would love the opportunity to meet her and capture the kindness and timelessness that I always see when I look at existing photographs of her.

Gill will be accompanying me to all Collection ONE weddings but can also come as an additional service on Collections TWO and THREE. I can't wait to bring you images and news about Gill in the coming year. It's going to be FABULOUS!

J

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so exciting!!! I hope I get to meet her! :) Yay!

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.