Monday, December 21, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Is it really Christmas this week? How did this happen, where has the time gone? I suppose it went to all of my fabulous clients :) I have so much to be thankful for this year and in no particular order:
1. Jesus
2. My wonderful husband Justin
3. To have the best little boy a mamma could ask for
4. I quadrupled my business in the worst economy for the last thirty years. (God is good)
5. I got to hang out with some of the coolest people I know
6. I have a house that I love
7. My family is so supportive of me
8. I have the best friends a girl could ask for
9. Jaxson loves school
10. Justin bought me new camera equipment at the beginning of the year which was amazing
11. My secret indulgence of soap operas :) Okay well it isn't a secret
12. Reconnecting with friends I had not seen in YEARS
13. MAC makeup, it can make the nastiest of days look not so nasty
14. I have two beautiful baby nieces that were born, both named Brooklyn/Brooklin
15. I have two more nieces or nephews coming next year
16. I am thankful for forgivness
17. For listening to Jaxson sing his "Jesus" songs every day.
18. For a husband that would do anything for me including building my show booths
19. For my super chic vintage desk I just finished. I feel like a big girl now :)
20. All my blog readers and clients who have made 2009 AMAZING. Can't wait to see what 2010 brings.

It still amazes me that I get to wake up every morning and do this job. FIve years ago had you asked me if I was going to be a photographer I would have thought you were nuts. I wanted to be a counselor. It's funny how the things we are meant to do don't always show up in nicely tied packages or something that we have worked our entire lives to be. Thankfully, God has given me a talent that I didn't know I had until a few years ago. The best part of this for me is knowing that my brides and grooms (families and seniors, you get the picture) are sooo happy when they see their pictures.

It is my sincerest Christmas wish that each of you have an amazing Christmas. I hope you will take the time to soak up your family and all the blessings we have in this country. While it is sad that so many are trying to take Jesus out of this season, I hope all of you will wish everyone you know a "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays" even if they don't wish it back to you. For me, Christmas is about the amazing gift from God in His son, Jesus. At my house, we don't push Santa, we remember Jesus. I make a birthday cake and we sing Happy Birthday to Jesus every day, so that Jaxson will grow up knowing that him getting presents isn't exactly the point of Christmas. So, to all of you that I've been blessed to know, and those of you I've not met yet, I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.