Monday, December 28, 2009

Exciting News #1

I have been BURSTING with excitement since about a week ago! For the last couple of years, I have been admiring (and stalking) Scarlett Lillian . Not only do I admire her work, but I admire the fact that she first and foremost loves Jesus and isn't afraid to talk about it.

She and I have emailed back and forth for the last couple of years and I have prayed so many times that I'd get the chance to meet her. I don't want to meet her just because I want to pick her brain about photography stuff, but she is one of those people that you just wanna meet, you know what I mean?

Soooo, February 5th I am flying to Jacksonville, FL to spend the weekend at one of her oh-so-fabulous Workshops !

I have been so gitty lately just anticipating the wealth information I'm going to gain but also to just get to hug her. (I know, I'm an emotional sap sometimes).

When I got the news last week, it couldn't have come at a better time because I was getting so frusterated with business. I got on my knees that morning and just asked God where it was he was wanting me and J3Designz to go. Was I supposed to be switching directions? Should I hang up my camera for a while to regain perspective? I just wasn't seeing the things I had put into motion coming together. And then, as if the heavens opened up right then, no more than five minutes later I get the email in my box from Scarlett about the workshop. Doens't He just work in crazy awesome ways sometimes?

So. What does this mean for my clients current and future? Well it means that just like any true professional I want to expand my knowledge and hone in on what makes J3Designz not like the other photographers. Not in a good or bad way, just different. It means that when I come back I will be even more knowledgeable about how best to capture all the moments that you are so excited about.

There. I feel better now.I have wanted to tell you guys for the last week it's been killing me! If you want to see the blog feature about me, you can check out Scarlett's Blog . So cool to see my name on someone else's blog :)

Stay tuned for more fun and exciting announcements :)

3 comments:

Lydia Shannon said...

Hey Jess! I am going to Scarlett's workshop too and I can't wait to meet you. I loved your story on here and I think it is always amazing how God blesses us completely when we open up to Him! Congrats and I can't wait to meet you!

Lydia Shannon
www.lydiashannon.com

Leeann Marie said...

I'll be there too! And I'll be here stalking your blog now... J3, meet my blog reader. Blog reader, meet J3. :)
xoxo
Leeann

J3Designz said...

Hi girls! I'm so excited to meet you in a month :) It's going to be amazing!

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.