Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Heidi & Brett....

What can I say about this couple, their friends and family....basically I LOVE them. There are a few instances in my career where I have not only gained a friend I could call up and have coffee with, but, an entire group of people who I seem to connect with on a level beyond being their photographer. This is one such occasion. I adore Heidi and Brett, and meeting their family and friends on their wedding day only confirmed what I had already perceived to be true, they are genuinely the sweetest people you will ever meet. (Unless of course there is another photographer trying to rain on our parade, right guys?)

ANYWAY..Heidi and Brett have been together for about seven years, so their wedding was a long time in the making and I am so glad that I was able to document their day from start to finish. Well, almost finish. Of course the groom would decide to do something hilarious about 42 seconds after I left the reception. But, you get the point.

So...without further adieu, here are my favorites from their day.

One of my favorite detail shots of all time.


Brett is a good ole fashion country boy and he plays the part well...


His buddies are no exception. I take this photo a lot during my weddings because I love what happens when they are given the ok to jump around and act nuts...



It's hard being away from Jaxson on a wedding day, this little guy made it even harder because he is so darn cute!


Ladies, if you wanna save some money, order your flowers wholesale and do them yourself. Heidi did an amazing job on all of the flowers for her wedding!


The beautiful Mrs. Heidi!


Another photo I have taken several times before but this time, I was able to get the EXACT look I wanted :) Love this one!


Heidi's only request for post wedding edits...


They chose to go to a nearby park afterwards for some pictures. If time allows in your wedding, going elsewhere during the day makes for great photo ops!




Probably a little funky to some, but I love these process....


It was shortly there after that we ran into a not very nice photographer....it could have totally destroyed the mood for the rest of picture taking, but Heidi took it in stride and moved right past it. Good thing she did, because I was not sure I could. Yet another reason why I love these people!

All the pretty ladies....


Nothin' like a wet-willie on your wedding day from your sisters!


Yummy sunlight + beautiful bride = STUNNING


The groom is good lookin' too ;)




They were "going to be nice" at first, but Brett was persuaded to smash it...makes for much better pictures I think, don't you?


I can think of no better picture to depict Heidi and Brett. They are dancing to their first song and instead of being all mushy mushy, they are laughing and joking around...such a fun couple.


Some fellow photogs Bobbi + Mike have a tradition that they get a picture with the bride and groom at the end of the night, I think it is a super awesome idea and wish I would have started it sooner, but better late than never I guess?


Heidi and Brett, thank you so much for letting me hang out with you on your wedding day. I am so looking forward to taking pictures of the little ones that come around in the future! And, hopefully we'll get to hang out at Andrea's wedding too :) You and your family were a blast!

Much Love,
Jess

1 comments:

Lyndsay Almeida said...

love that first shot of the groom!

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.