Friday, September 11, 2009

I am so blessed

Like most of you watching the news today, I am reminded of the tragedy that happened eight years ago. In some respect,it seems like another lifetime that our country was attacked but on the other hand, I remember exactly where I was. It was my senior year in high school, I was sitting in my Chevy Corsica making a left hand turn towards my dentist office when I hear it on the radio. It didn't sink in until later that day just what had actually happened. Not knowing anyone in New York, I remember not being all that emotional about it then. But, since becoming a mother, I have felt emotions in the last three years about this day that I wasn't able to feel in 2001.

To think of those Americans being trapped, or in a plane that was crashing just breaks my heart to the core. I look at my precious son watching his Dell Touch safely on his bed in my care and am brought to my knees in thankfulness that he is safe. I ache for those mothers who lost their children, or for the children who lost their parents on that fateful day. How easy it is to get lost in our daily routine of life, yet somewhere in this country someone's "daily routine" was forever changed on September 11, 2001. I think of the little girls who haven't gotten to kiss their daddy good night in eight years...the mothers who can't make a homemade pie for their son...the little boys who never were taught to throw a ball by their dad, it breaks my heart for them.

I take for granted the life I have, I get to stay home with Jaxson through the week, I have the most fabulous job in the world, a husband who loves me and a God who protects me. It is my prayerful hope that all of my readers can take a moment to remember the awesome life our Lord has blessed each of us with. God Bless each of you!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.