Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sometimes God grands the small stuff

Morning,

So I just wanted to send an email and tell everyone how wonderful God has been to our little munchkin. It's wonderful to read these stories of mircacles happening and all the "big" stuff God is doing in our world, but sometimes, it is hard for me to wrap
my head around that stuff when I don't hear a whole lot of the "small things" God is doing. Well, last night God stood in our house. I am sure without a doubt that He was there. Jaxson has been dealing with another bad bout of diaper rash,
and it has left him so uncomfortable, I have tried everything a mommy could do to make it better. I went to check on him last night before heading to bed myself and realized he needed a diaper change. I knew this would cause him discomfort but had to do it anyway.
He cried, and cried, I felt so terrible. So, I tried rocking him in the rocking chair. He still cried. I didn't know what else to do, so I just started praying out loud, Lord, if you're listening, I'm praying that you come and lay your gentle hand on Jaxson that he
will feel comfort and be able to sleep peacefully. THe exact moment I started praying Jaxson immediately stopped crying, layed his head on my shoulder and was asleep in seconds. I continued praying for a few minutes later and just rocked Jaxson as I did.
BUt, he fell asleep and stayed asleep the whole night. It brought tears to my eyes that in all the busy things in the world, all the demands on our Father's time that He chose to answer my prayer immediately, and answered Himself instead of through the world of others.
This has happend in one anther instance with Jaxson and it left me feeling so thankful we have such an awesome God that He can be tending to the smallest of needs and at the very same time be healing a person's body of cancer.

So...just thought I would bring a little story of the small stuff as to why the Lord is amazing.

Hope you're having a wonderful day.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.