Friday, October 10, 2008

Growing old

It's no secret that I am a sucker for beautiful love stories. I'm usually getting misty at the most ridiculous of sentiments especially if it has anything to do with a lifetime love. So...I was driving to the gym the other day and saw this old couple, they had to be in their late seventies or early eighties. They were walking down the side walk, he with his blue trucker looking hat and she with her scarf around her head. It was pretty cold that day but they both had this content smile on their faces, and I saw them holding hands. It was the sweestest thing I had seen in a long time. It just amazes me that after years and years of marriage that these two had this love for each other. You always read the comedy stories about the old married couples who just bicker back and forth and sit in different spots of the house, but this couple were the opposite. I never talked to them, I have never seen them again but it definitely gave me a fire in my heart to want to grow old like that with Justin. I want to be that disgustingly cute couple sitting on a park bench watching our great grand kids play in the park and still holding hands. Wouldn't it be great if every couple had the same committment that this couple did?

Two such couples are coming soon: Mr.& Mrs. Bayless and Mr. & Mrs. Bunch. It's been a crazy couple of weeks so apologizes all around for the little amount of blogging that's been happening. I'll get with it soon I promise.

~J

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.