Thursday, December 4, 2008

Waiting for Leila

It makes me so happy when I get to witness a couple so in love and I get to document their wedding day. I bet Elyssa and Tony a couple years ago on their wedding day. They were both so amazing. I instantly felt like a part of their family (and it's huge as it is). Elyssa is one of the instances that I have stayed in touch with, and become friends with my brides after the wedding photos are taken and the warm fuzzies have disappeared.

But, about nine months ago I got an email from her saying that she and Tony were pregnant and that HE said he wanted me to do pictures of their family from now until, well....forever! Being a sap for belly pictures I said, "Well we have to do baby bump pictures OF COURSE!" With her impending due date in December we set the date, and she couldn't have looked more beautiful. Despite the discomfort of an expectant mamma, Elyssa had that glow about her that only a woman about to have her first baby could have. Her cheeks had this natural pink to them, her eyes lit up in a way that you can't quite fake, and Tony....image a little boy knowing that he was getting the best present at Christmas that he'd get to keep forever and would keep getting better each year, that's what he looked like while he was kissng Elyssa's belly and talking to little Leila as she pressed her feet up through her mamma's ribs. *sigh* I just love pregnant women.

Anyway, before I start crying as I type this, here ya go!













Isn't it amazing to know there is a little life in that belly?

~J3DZ

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Fort Wayne, IN
I'm a mother, a wife, daughter of Christ,and friend to many. I love everything about my life and where God is leading me.